Line Plots and Stem-and-Leaf Plots Lessons
Are you looking for no-prep lessons and activities to teach line plots and stem-and-leaf plots? Look no further! These Line Plots and Stem-and-Leaf Plots Lessons provide everything you need to teach creating, interpreting, and comparing line plots and stem-and-leaf plots. Save time planning and your students will love completing the hands-on activities found in this unit.
To take a closer look at some of the things included in this unit, check out the preview images at the top of the page!
What will students learn through these detailed lesson plans?
6 Detailed lesson plans are included to help students learn and practice the following skills–
- Collect data using observations, measurements, and surveys.
- Organize data into a chart or table.
- Represent data in a line plot with up to 30 data points.
- Represent data in a stem-and-leaf plot with up to 30 data points.
- Interpret data by making observations from line plots and stem-and-leaf plots, describing the characteristics of the data and the data as a whole.
- Make inferences from line plots and stem-and-leaf plots.
- Compare data represented in a line plot with the same data represented in a stem-and-leaf plot.
What comes in these Line Plots and Stem-and-Leaf Plots Lessons?
You will find the following included in this math unit–
- 6 Detailed Lesson Plans
- 30 Worksheets
- 8 Task Cards
- 6 Exit Tickets
- 3 Games
- 2 Anchor Charts
- 1 Foldable
- Final Test
- Word Wall Cards
- Digital Activities for Google Slides
- Answer Keys
Are digital resources included?
Some worksheets, the quiz, and the test within these Line Plots and Stem-and-Leaf Plots Lessons are also included in a digital format and can be shared with students using your Google Drive.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Slides. You’ll then share that file with your students. The slides can be printed and adapted for students who prefer to answer the questions by hand. You can also view and print a student’s completed version of the slides.
What standards are covered?
These Line Plots and Stem-and-Leaf Plots Lessons are specifically created to align with Virginia math SOL 5.16 although the lessons and activities closely align with most math standards related to creating and interpreting line plots and stem-and-leaf plots.
Don’t Miss Out!
These Line Plots and Stem-and-Leaf Plots Lessons require minimal prep work and are easy to implement whether teaching in-person or virtually. Students will also enjoy learning how to represent and interpret data as they play games, complete hands-on activities, and relate plots to real-world examples.
More Math Resources:
- Probability Task Cards
- Probability Activities for Google Slides
- 5th Grade Math Task Cards Bundle
- 5th Grade Math Activities for Google Slides
- 5th Grade Math Parent Study Guides
- 5th Grade Math Interactive Notes
Looking for math lessons for the entire school year? This unit is included in my 5th Grade Math Lessons Bundle, which features 14 detailed math units at a discounted price.
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.