Light Escape Room
Are you looking for a fun way to review concepts related to light? Look no further! This Light Escape Room has everything you need! Whether teaching remotely or in-person, this classroom escape room is easy to set up and students will have lots of fun reviewing what they have learned!
In this Light Escape Room students find themselves trapped! The only way to escape is for students to successfully complete six challenges that require them to use critical thinking skills as they review science concepts.
To take a closer look at the escape room activities included, check out the preview!
What will students learn with this classroom escape room?
Using these escape room activities, students will review important concepts about light. Topics covered:
- visible light is radiant energy that moves in transverse waves
- the visible spectrum includes light with different wavelengths
- matter influences the path of light
- radiant energy can be transformed into thermal, mechanical, and electrical energy
What escape room activities are included?
When completing the activities, students will use critical thinking and inference skills. Challenges include activities such as:
- identifying true statements about light
- solving math problems to create a code
- decoding information to label a model of a light wave
- reading a passage and decoding information about how light travels
- identifying whether objects are transparent, translucent, or opaque
- labeling the parts of the visible spectrum
- matching terms related to light to their correct descriptions
Is a digital version included?
This resource includes two versions of the escape room. The first version is a PDF escape room that can be completed in a classroom.
The second version is a digital escape room that can be completed in Google Forms. The digital escape room is self-checking so that students can review the answers to their work even when learning remotely.
What standards are covered?
This Light Escape Room is specifically aligned with the 2018 Virginia SOL 5.6 but also covers most standards related to light.
Want to save money?
This escape room is included in my 5th Grade Science Escape Room Bundle for a discounted price!
Don’t miss out!
Students will love completing the activities in this Light Escape Room! Teacher instructions are provided, making it easy to set up and implement whether in-person or virtually.
More science resources:
- Light Unit
- Light Task Cards
- Light Jeopardy Game
- 5th Grade Science Unit Bundle
- 5th Grade Science Task Cards Bundle
If you would like more information about using classroom escape rooms, check out my blog post “Create the Perfect Classroom Escape Room.”
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.