Homophones Worksheets and Activities
Need help teaching your students about homophones? These Homophones Worksheets and Activities include a variety of no-prep PDF and digital activities to help your students review this important word analysis skill.
What is included in this resource?
This homophones resource includes:
- 7 Worksheets
- 1 Anchor Chart
- 1 Matching Game
- 1 Sort
- 1 Color by Number Activity
- 9 Digital worksheets and activities
How will students practice using homophones?
Activity types include:
- Complete the sentence with the correct homophone.
- Determine whether the correct homophone is used in a sentence. If the incorrect homophone is used, rewrite the sentence with the correct homophone.
- Match each homophone to its correct definition.
- Write sentences that use homophones correctly.
- Locate matching homophones.
- Sort words as “homophones” and “not homophones.”
Are digital resources included?
Some worksheets and the sort within this resource are also included in a digital format and can be shared with students using your Google Drive.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Slides. You’ll then share that file with your students. The slides can be printed and adapted for students who prefer to answer the questions by hand. You can also view and print a student’s completed version of the slides.
What standards are covered?
These Homophones Worksheets and Activities are specifically aligned with the ELA Virginia SOLs: 3.4a, 4.4b, and 5.4c.
Even though this resource is specifically aligned to the Virginia SOLs, it also still aligns with most other homophones standards.
Save time and have fun!
These Homophones Worksheets and Activities come with 11 no-prep worksheets, games, and sorts to help students review homophones.
Want to save money?
This resource is included in my Word Analysis Worksheets and Activities Bundle.
More ELA Resources:
- Reading Skills Worksheets and Activities for Upper Elementary
- Word Work and Work on Writing Activities
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.