Homophones Task Cards
Homophones Task Cards are a great resource for identifying and using homophones. This resource includes 24 task cards, a student response worksheet, an answer key, and a self-checking version for Google Forms. Questions are open-ended and multiple choice.
What will students review with these task cards?
With these Homophones Task Cards, students will:
- Complete a sentence with the correct homophone.
- Determine whether a homophone is used correctly in a sentence.
- Match homophones to their correct definitions.
- Determine whether a given word has a homophone.
- Determine the correct meaning of a homophone as it is used in a sentence.
- Find the incorrect homophone in a sentence and replace it with the correct homophone.
What standards are covered?
These Homophones Task Cards are specifically aligned to the Virginia SOLs: 3.4a, 4.4b, and 5.4c.
While they are specifically aligned with the Virginia Standards of Learning (SOLs), they also align to most standards related to homophones.
Is a digital version included?
This Homophones Task Cards resource includes BOTH a digital version and a PDF version. The digital version can be accessed through Google Forms and allows students to easily self-check their work. You can also use the Google Forms task cards to track student progress.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Forms. You’ll then share that file with your students.
Don’t miss out!
Task cards are a great, low-prep way to review at the end of an ELA unit or before state testing. These Homophones Task Cards can easily be used as part of an ELA center, Scoot activity, or review game.
These task cards are included in my Word Analysis Task Cards Bundle for a discounted price.
More ELA Resources:
- Homophones Worksheets and Activities
- Word Analysis Worksheets and Activities for Upper Elementary
- Reading Skills Worksheets and Activities for Upper Elementary
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.