Homophones Activities for Google – Digital Mystery Pictures
These Homophones Activities for Google include 6 digital mystery pictures activities in Google Sheets. These digital homophone activities are a fun, no-prep way to review word analysis skills with students.
For a closer look at these digital puzzles, check out the preview video!
How do the digital mystery pictures work?
Each digital mystery picture activity is already coded in a Google Sheet. No additional coding or work is required. Just share the Google Sheet with students and you are ready to go!
Students type the correct responses in the spaces provided. If they answer correctly, the box will turn green and part of the mystery puzzle will appear. If they answer incorrectly, the box will turn red and they can attempt to answer again.
What types of homophones activities are included?
There are six digital mystery picture activities included. Each activity includes nine questions (54 questions total).
There are three types of questions used.
- Students complete sentences by using the correct homophone. For these question types, all of the possible homophones that could be used in the sentence are given.
- Students match homophones to their correct definitions using a Word Bank.
- Students determine whether the bolded word (homophone) is used correctly in a sentence. If the bolded word is used incorrectly, they must identify the correct homophone needed to complete the sentence.
What standards are covered?
These Homophones Activities for Google are specifically aligned to the Virginia SOLs: 3.4a, 4.4b, and 5.4c.
While they are specifically aligned with the Virginia Standards of Learning (SOLs), they also align to most standards related to homophones.
How can these homophones activities be used?
These no-prep, digital homophone activities can be used in-person or remotely. For classroom use, they make a great center, morning work, or early finisher activity. For remote use, they can be used for a practice or homework activity.
These digital mystery pictures are included in my Word Analysis Activities Bundle for a discounted price!
More ELA Resources:
- Homophones Task Cards
- Homophones Worksheets and Activities
- Word Analysis Task Cards Bundle
- Word Analysis Worksheets and Activities for Upper Elementary
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.