Geometry Unit Third Grade
Are you looking for no-prep lessons and activities to teach geometry? Look no further! This Geometry Unit provides everything you need to teach lines and polygons, combining and subdividing polygons, and congruent and noncongruent figures! Save time planning and your students will love completing the hands-on activities found in this unit.
To take a closer look at some of the things included in this unit, check out the preview!
What will students learn through these detailed lesson plans?
7 Detailed lesson plans are included to help students learn and practice the following skills–
- Identify and describe points, lines, line segments, rays, and angles (including endpoints and vertices)
- Use a ruler or straightedge to draw points, lines, line segments, rays, and angles
- Define polygon
- Classify figures as polygons or not polygons
- Identify and name polygons with 10 or fewer sides
- Combine polygons and name the resulting polygon (no more than three polygons combined at one time, each with 3-4 sides)
- Subdivide three- and four-sided polygons and name the resulting polygons (subdivide into no more than three parts)
- Identify examples of congruent and noncongruent figures
What comes in this Geometry Unit?
You will find the following included in this math unit–
- 7 Detailed Lesson Plans
- 24 Task Cards
- 17 Worksheets
- 15 Posters
- 6 Games
- 6 Exit Tickets
- 5 Anchor Charts
- 2 Sorts
- Final Test
- Word Wall Cards
- Digital Activities for Google Slides
- Answer Keys
Are digital resources included?
Some worksheets, the sorts, the quiz, and the test within this Geometry Unit are also included in a digital format and can be shared with students using your Google Drive.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Slides. You’ll then share that file with your students. The slides can be printed and adapted for students who prefer to answer the questions by hand. You can also view and print a student’s completed version of the slides.
What standards are covered?
This Geometry Unit was specifically created to align with Virginia math SOLs 3.11, 3.12, and 3.13 although the lessons and activities closely align with most math standards related to lines, polygons, and congruent figures.
Don’t Miss Out!
This Geometry Unit requires minimal prep work and is easy to implement whether teaching in-person or virtually. Students will also enjoy learning about geometry as they play games, complete hands-on activities, and relate geometry to real-world examples.
More math resources:
- Geometry Task Cards
- 3rd Grade Math Task Cards Bundle
- 3rd Grade Math Parent Study Guides
- 3rd Grade Math Interactive Notes
Looking for math lessons for the entire school year? This unit is included in my 3rd Grade Math Lessons Bundle, which features 14 detailed math units at a discounted price.
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.