Geometry Unit Fourth Grade
Are you looking for no-prep lessons and activities to teach geometry? Look no further! This Geometry Unit provides everything you need to teach identifying and describing lines, quadrilaterals, and solid figures! Save time planning and your students will love completing the hands-on activities found in this math unit.
To take a closer look at some of the things included in this unit, check out the preview!
What will students learn through these detailed lesson plans?
6 Detailed lesson plans are included to help students learn and practice the following skills–
- Identify and describe points, lines, line segments, rays, and angles (including endpoints and vertices)
- Use symbolic notation to name points, lines, line segments, rays, and angles
- Identify parallel, perpendicular, and intersecting lines
- Use symbolic notation to describe parallel and perpendicular lines
- Identify solid shapes and describe their faces, edges, and vertices (cubes, rectangular prisms, square pyramids, spheres, cones, and cylinders)
- Identify and define quadrilaterals (parallelograms, rectangles, squares, rhombi, and trapezoids)
- Compare and contrast plane and solid figures
What comes in this Geometry Unit?
You will find the following included in this math unit–
- 6 Detailed Lesson Plans
- 17 Worksheets
- 13 Posters
- 6 Games
- 6 Exit Tickets
- 4 Sorts
- Final Test
- Word Wall Cards
- Digital Activities for Google Slides
- Answer Keys
Are digital resources included?
Some worksheets, the sorts, the quiz, and the test within this Geometry Unit are also included in a digital format and can be shared with students using your Google Drive.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Slides. You’ll then share that file with your students. The slides can be printed and adapted for students who prefer to answer the questions by hand. You can also view and print a student’s completed version of the slides.
What standards are covered?
This Geometry Unit was specifically created to align with Virginia math SOLs 4.10, 4.11, and 4.12 although the lessons and activities closely align with most math standards related to lines, quadrilaterals, and solid figures.
Don’t Miss Out!
This Geometry Unit requires minimal prep work and is easy to implement whether teaching in-person or virtually. Students will also enjoy learning about geometry as they play games, complete hands-on activities, and relate lines and shapes to real-world examples.
More math resources:
- Geometry Task Cards
- Geometry Activities for Google Slides
- 4th Grade Math Task Cards Bundle
- 4th Grade Math Interactive Notes Bundle
- 4th Grade Math Parent Study Guides
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.