Even, Odd, Prime, Composite Numbers Lessons
Are you looking for no-prep lessons and activities to teach even, odd, prime, and composite numbers? Look no further! These Even, Odd, Prime, Composite Numbers Lessons provide everything you need to teach how to identify and model these types of numbers. Save time planning and your students will love completing the hands-on activities found in this unit.
To take a closer look at some of the things included in this unit, check out the preview images at the top of the page!
What will students learn through these detailed lesson plans?
5 Detailed lesson plans are included to help students learn and practice the following skills–
- Identify even and odd numbers.
- Demonstrate with models, orally, and in writing why a number is even or odd.
- Identify and explain whether the sum, difference, or product of two numbers will be even or odd.
- Identify prime and composite numbers less than or equal to 100.
- Demonstrate with models, orally, and in writing why a number is prime or composite.
- Use factor trees to find the prime factorization of a number less than or equal to 100.
What comes in these Even, Odd, Prime, Composite Numbers Lessons?
You will find the following included in this math unit–
- 5 Detailed Lesson Plans
- 16 Worksheets
- 5 Exit Tickets
- 5 Anchor Charts
- 4 Sorts/Foldables
- 3 Games
- 2 Quizzes
- Final Test
- Word Wall Cards
- Digital Activities for Google Slides
- Answer Keys
Are digital resources included?
Some worksheets, sorts, the quizzes, and the test within these Even, Odd, Prime, Composite Numbers Lessons are also included in a digital format and can be shared with students using your Google Drive.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Slides. You’ll then share that file with your students. The slides can be printed and adapted for students who prefer to answer the questions by hand. You can also view and print a student’s completed version of the slides.
What standards are covered?
These Even, Odd, Prime, Composite Numbers Lessons are specifically created to align with Virginia math SOL 5.3 although the lessons and activities closely align with most math standards related to identifying and modeling even, odd, prime, and composite numbers.
Don’t Miss Out!
These Even, Odd, Prime, Composite Numbers Lessons require minimal prep work and are easy to implement whether teaching in-person or virtually. Students will also enjoy learning about numbers as they play games, complete hands-on activities, and relate numbers to real-world examples.
More Math Resources:
- Even, Odd, Prime, Composite Numbers Task Cards
- Even, Odd, Prime, Composite Numbers Digital Activities
- 5th Grade Math Task Cards Bundle
- 5th Grade Math Activities for Google Slides
- 5th Grade Math Parent Study Guides
- 5th Grade Math Interactive Notes
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.