Elapsed Time Lessons: 12-Hour Period
Are you looking for no-prep lessons and activities to teach elapsed time? Look no further! These Elapsed Time Lessons: 12-Hour Period provide everything you need to teach finding elapsed time, start time, or end time within a 12-hour period. Save time planning and your students will love completing the hands-on activities found in this unit.
To take a closer look at some of the things included in this unit, check out the preview images at the top of the page!
What will students learn through these detailed lesson plans?
6 Detailed lesson plans are included to help students learn and practice the following skills–
- Solve practical problems related to elapsed time in hours and minutes, within a 12-hour period (within a.m., within p.m., and across a.m. and p.m.).
- Determine the time that has elapsed when given the beginning and ending times.
- Determine the ending time when given the beginning time and amount of elapsed time in hours and minutes.
- Determine the beginning time when given the ending time and amount of elapsed time in hours and minutes.
What comes in these Elapsed Time Lessons?
You will find the following included in this math unit–
- 6 Detailed Lesson Plans
- 19 Worksheets
- 16 Task Cards
- 7 Anchor Charts
- 5 Exit Tickets
- 3 Games
- 1 Sort
- Final Test
- Word Wall Cards
- Digital Activities for Google Slides
- Answer Keys
Are digital resources included?
Some worksheets, the quiz, and the test within these Elapsed Time Lessons are also included in a digital format and can be shared with students using your Google Drive.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Slides. You’ll then share that file with your students. The slides can be printed and adapted for students who prefer to answer the questions by hand. You can also view and print a student’s completed version of the slides.
What standards are covered?
These Elapsed Time Lessons are specifically created to align with Virginia math SOL 4.9 although the lessons and activities closely align with most math standards related to elapsed time within a 12-hour period.
Want to save money?
This math unit is included in my 4th Grade Math Lesson Plans Bundle for a discounted price!
Don’t Miss Out!
These Elapsed Time Lessons: 12-Hour Period require minimal prep work and are easy to implement whether teaching in-person or virtually. Students will also enjoy learning about elapsed time as they play games, complete hands-on activities, and relate time to real-world examples.
More Math Resources:
- Elapsed Time: 12-Hour Period Task Cards
- Elapsed Time: 12-Hour Period Activities for Google Slides
- 4th Grade Math Task Cards Bundle
- 4th Grade Math Interactive Notes Bundle
- 4th Grade Math Parent Study Guides
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.