Early Explorers Task Cards
Early Explorers Task Cards are a great resource for reviewing concepts about early exploration. Early Explorers Task Cards includes 28 task cards, 2 student response sheets, and an answer key. Questions are open-ended, multiple-choice, and fill in the blank. Makes a great social studies center, SCOOT activity, or review game!
What will students review with these task cards?
Topics covered in these Early Explorers Task Cards:
- Spanish, French, and English exploration in the Americas
- Motivations for exploration
- Obstacles associated with early exploration
- Effects of early exploration on the Native Americans
- Famous explorers (Christopher Columbus, Juan Ponce de Leon, Hernando Cortes, Francisco Coronado, Jacques Cartier, Samuel de Champlain, Robert La Salle, and John Cabot)
What standards are covered?
This resource closely matches most U.S. History standards related to the early explorers, although it is specifically aligned with Virginia U.S. History SOL USI.4a-b.
Is a digital version included?
This Early Explorers Task Cards resource includes BOTH a digital version and a PDF version. The digital version can be accessed through Google Forms and allows students to easily self-check their work. You can also use the Google Forms task cards to track student progress.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Forms. You’ll then share that file with your students.
What are other buyers saying about these task cards?
- “What a joy it will be for my students to use these and spiral throughout the year to help them make connections when we discuss the colonization of America! Thank you for creating a great resource.” (Yvonne W.)
Want to save money?
These Early Explorers Task Cards are included in my U.S. History Task Cards Bundle for a discounted price!
Other U.S. History resources that may interest you:
I recommend printing these task cards in color and laminating so that they can easily be reused from year to year, although this is not necessary. These task cards also print and are easy to read in grayscale.
For even more early explorers ideas, check out my blog post “7 Early Explorers Activities.”
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.