Decimal Place Value Lessons
Are you looking for no-prep lessons and activities to teach decimal place value and comparing numbers decimals? Look no further! These Decimal Place Value Lessons provide everything you need to teach place value to the thousandths place and rounding and comparing decimals. Save time planning and your students will love completing the hands-on activities found in this unit.
To take a closer look at some of the things included in this unit, check out the preview images at the top of the page!
What will students learn through these detailed lesson plans?
7 Detailed lesson plans are included to help students learn and practice the following skills–
- Read and write decimals expressed through the thousandths with and without models.
- Represent and identify decimals expressed through the thousandths with models.
- Investigate the ten-to-one place value relationship for decimals through the thousandths.
- Identify and communicate the position and value of a decimal through the thousandths.
- Round decimals expressed through the thousandths to the nearest whole number.
- Compare two decimals expressed through the thousandths, using symbols and/or words.
- Order a set of up to four decimals, expressed through the thousandths, from least to greatest or greatest to least.
- Represent fractions for halves, fourths, fifths, and tenths as decimals through the hundredths, using concrete objects.
- Relate fractions to decimals, using concrete objects.
- Write the decimal and fraction equivalent for a given model.
What comes in these Decimal Place Value Lessons?
You will find the following included in this math unit–
- 7 Detailed Lesson Plans
- 28 Worksheets
- 12 Task Cards
- 8 Games
- 8 Anchor Charts
- 7 Exit Tickets
- 2 Quizzes
- 1 Sort/Foldable
- Final Test
- Word Wall Cards
- Digital Activities for Google Slides
- Answer Keys
Are digital resources included?
Some worksheets, the quiz, and the test within these Decimal Place Value Lessons are also included in a digital format and can be shared with students using your Google Drive.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Slides. You’ll then share that file with your students. The slides can be printed and adapted for students who prefer to answer the questions by hand. You can also view and print a student’s completed version of the slides.
What standards are covered?
These Decimal Place Value Lessons are specifically created to align with Virginia math SOL 4.3 although the lessons and activities closely align with most math standards related to decimal place value and comparing and ordering decimals.
Don’t Miss Out!
These Decimal Place Value Lessons require minimal prep work and are easy to implement whether teaching in-person or virtually. Students will also enjoy learning about place value, rounding, and comparing decimals as they play games, complete hands-on activities, and relate decimals to real-world examples.
More Math Resources:
- Decimal Place Value Task Cards
- Decimal Activities for Google Slides
- 4th Grade Math Task Cards Bundle
- 4th Grade Math Interactive Notes Bundle
- 4th Grade Math Parent Study Guides
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.