This Constitution Unit is a hands-on unit that combines history and language arts skills! Everything you need to teach a unit about the Constitution can be found here!
What Will I Find in This Unit?
This Constitution Unit includes 6 detailed lesson plans. All lessons are hands-on and incorporate literacy skills. Students will investigate–
- The Articles of Confederation
- The Constitutional Convention
- The Articles of the Constitution
- The Preamble
- The Bill of Rights
- Federalists and Anti-Federalists
This Constitution Unit also comes with:
- 9 Worksheets
- 5 Close Reading Passages & Comprehension Questions: All of the passages and questions can also be shared with students digitally and completed using Google Slides.
- 3 Centers and Group Activities
- 2 Sorts
- 1 Matching Game: Students match descriptions of the articles and amendments to the correct article or amendment number.
- 1 Quiz
- 1 Test
- 1 Interactive Classroom Timeline
- 1 Timeline of Suggested Activities: Provides a timeline for using the activities included within this unit and provides links to websites featuring videos about concepts being taught.
- Answer keys included throughout
Students will become fully immersed in the Constitution as they play games, complete hands-on activities, and research past events!
Are Digital Resources Included?
All of the passages and comprehension questions, most worksheets, the quiz, and the test within this Constitution Unit are also included in a digital format and can be shared with students using your Google Drive.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Slides. You’ll then share that file with your students. The slides can be printed and adapted for students who prefer to answer the questions by hand. You can also view and print a student’s completed version of the slides. Video tutorials are also included to help you share interactive Google Slides with your students.
What Standards Are Covered?
While this Constitution Unit is specifically aligned with Virginia U.S. History SOL USI.7, it also closely matches most U.S. History standards related to teaching the constitution.
What are other buyers saying?
- “I love your history passages! They are a great way for me to teach my kids through a reading passage! They have no idea they are learning history and it’s awesome! Thank you!!!!”
- “Very comprehensive.” (Brooklyn M.)
- “Incredible!” (Heather P.)
You may also be interested in:
- Early American Government Escape Room
- Constitution Task Cards
- U.S. History Unit Bundle
- U.S. History Escape Room Bundle
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.
There are no reviews yet.