Compare and Order Fractions Lessons
Are you looking for time-saving fractions lessons and games? Look no further! These Compare and Order Fractions Lessons provide everything you need to teach comparing and ordering fractions with like and unlike denominators! Save time planning and your students will love completing the hands-on activities found in this unit.
To take a closer look at some of the things included in this unit, check out the preview!
What will students learn through these detailed lesson plans?
9 Detailed lesson plans are included to help students learn and practice the following skills–
- Compare and order up to four fractions and/or mixed numbers with like and unlike denominators (with and without models)
- Use benchmarks to compare and order fractions
- Use symbols and words to compare fractions and mixed numbers
- Use the butterfly method to compare two fractions with unlike denominators
- Represent and identify equivalent fractions (with and without models)
- Identify a division statement that represents a fraction
All lessons use denominators of 12 or less when comparing and ordering fractions.
What comes in this Compare and Order Fractions Unit?
You will find the following included in this math unit–
- 9 Detailed Lesson Plans
- 18 Worksheets
- 12 Task Cards
- 10 Exit Tickets
- 5 Games
- 2 Sorts
- Final Test
- Word Wall Cards
- Digital Activities for Google Slides
- Answer Keys
Are digital resources included?
Some worksheets, the sorts, the quiz, and the test within these Compare and Order Fractions Lessons are also included in a digital format and can be shared with students using your Google Drive.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Slides. You’ll then share that file with your students. The slides can be printed and adapted for students who prefer to answer the questions by hand. You can also view and print a student’s completed version of the slides.
What standards are covered?
These Compare and Order Fractions Lessons were specifically created to align with Virginia math SOL 4.2 although the lessons and activities closely align with most math standards related to comparing and ordering fractions.
Don’t Miss Out!
These Compare and Order Fractions Lesson require minimal prep work and are easy to implement whether teaching in-person or virtually. Students will also enjoy learning to compare and order fractions as they play games, complete hands-on activities, and relate fractions to real-world scenarios.
More Math Resources:
- Comparing Fractions Task Cards
- Comparing Fractions Digital Activities for Google Slides
- 4th Grade Math Task Cards Bundle
- 4th Grade Math Interactive Notes Bundle
- 4th Grade Math Parent Study Guides
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.