Colonial America Escape Room
In Colonial America Escape Room students are in the process of time traveling back in time to study life and resources in colonial America when their time machine malfunctions! The only way to repair the time machine and return to the present is for students to successfully complete six challenges.
What Will Students Learn with this Classroom Escape Room?
- Colonial regions (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southern)
- Geographical features and resources available in each colonial region
- The thirteen original colonies
- Colonial jobs
- The original European colonies in North America (Roanoke Island, Jamestown, Plymouth, and Massachusetts Bay)
What Escape Room Activities Are Included?
When completing the activities, students will use critical thinking and inference skills. Challenges include activities such as:
- Solving puzzles to find out what colonies were a part of each region
- Decoding a famous John Smith quote to learn more about Jamestown
- Using a key to decode colonial jobs
- Locating important colonies on a map and using a key to determine which colony was at each marked location
- Sorting resources available in each region to create a code
- Matching specific colonial regions to descriptions of the regions
Are Students Able to Complete Any Escape Room Activities Digitally?
An option is provided for students to submit their final code through Google Forms. When using this option, students can self-check their work. If you do not have access to technology in your classroom, an option is also provided for students to check their work on paper.
What Standards Are Covered?
This Colonial America Escape Room is specifically aligned with Virginia SOL USI.8 but also covers most U.S. History standards related to colonial America.
Don’t Miss Out!
Students will love completing the activities in this Colonial America Escape Room! Teacher instructions are provided, making it easy to set up and implement in your classroom.
Want to save money?
This Colonial American Escape Room is included in my U.S. History Escape Rooms Bundle for a discounted price!
More U.S. History escape rooms:
- Native Americans Escape Room
- Early Explorers Escape Room
- American Revolution Escape Room
- Early American Government Escape Room
- Westward Expansion Escape Room
- Civil War Escape Room
If you would like more information about using classroom escape rooms, check out my blog post “Create the Perfect Classroom Escape Room.”
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.