Citizenship Escape Room
Looking for a fun way to review citizenship in your classroom? This is the perfect resource! In this Citizenship Escape Room, students are trapped and must find a key. The only way for students to find the key is to successfully complete seven citizenship activities. These escape room activities are easy to set up and lots of fun for students!
What will students learn with this classroom escape room?
These escape room activities are a great tool for reviewing citizenship. Topics covered:
- The difference between civic duties and civic responsibilities
- Examples of civic duties and civic responsibilities
- The ways citizens can be active participants in their communities
What escape room activities are included?
When completing the activities, students will use critical thinking and inference skills. Challenges include activities such as:
- Putting together puzzles to see examples of civic duties and civic responsibilities
- Decoding famous quotes about citizenship
- Analyzing a graph to answer questions about civic responsibilities
- Decoding lists of civic duties and civic responsibilities
- Sorting examples of civic duties and civic responsibilities
- Matching citizenship terms to the appropriate definitions
Are students able to complete any escape room activities digitally?
An option is provided for students to submit their final code through Google Forms. When using this option, students can self-check their work. If you do not have access to technology in your classroom, an option is also provided for students to check their work on paper.
What standards are covered?
This Citizenship Escape Room is recommended for grades 6-8. It is specifically aligned with Virginia SOLs CE3.c, CE3.d, and CE3.e but also cover most government standards related to citizenship.
Don’t Miss Out!
Students will love completing the activities in this Citizenship Escape Room! Teacher instructions are provided, making it easy to set up and implement in your classroom.
If you would like more information about using classroom escape rooms, check out my blog post “Create the Perfect Classroom Escape Room.”
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.