Christmas Math Activity: Christmas Shopping Challenge
Christmas Math Activity: Christmas Shopping Challenge is a fun way to incorporate math skills into the holiday season! Students are required to purchase gifts for four people of their choice with a budget of $75 using paper or digital sales flyers. Lots of options for differentiation are included such as incorporating sales tax into the total spent and using coupons at certain stores.
What is included with this Christmas math resource?
In this resource you will find:
- 2 worksheets for students to record their purchases and amounts spent (one version includes sales tax)
- 6 coupons that can be used as students record their purchases
- 2 reflection worksheets (One worksheet has students think about a budget and what they can do to stick to a budget. The other worksheet asks students to find the mean, median, mode, and range for their data.)
- 1 teacher guide with instructions and ideas for implementing this real-world math project in your classroom
Is a digital version of the activity included?
All worksheets are provided in both PDF and digital format. You can also decide whether to provide students with paper or digital sales flyers. Students will have a blast working with decimals as they think about purchases they would like to make for their family and friends!
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Slides. You’ll then share that file with your students. The slides can be printed and adapted for students who prefer to answer the questions by hand. You can also view and print a student’s completed version of the slides.
More Christmas teaching resources:
- Christmas Math Task Cards: Problem Solving at Santa’s Workshop
- Charlie Brown Christmas Activity Pack
- Rudolph Activities
- The Grinch Activities
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.