Area, Perimeter, and Volume Lesson Plans
Are you looking for no-prep lessons and activities to teach area, perimeter, and volume? Look no further! These Area, Perimeter, and Volume Lesson Plans provide everything you need to teach perimeter of polygons, area of rectangles and right triangles, and volume of rectangular prisms. Save time planning and your students will love completing the hands-on activities found in this unit.
To take a closer look at some of the things included in this unit, check out the preview images at the top of the page!
What will students learn through these detailed lesson plans?
7 Detailed lesson plans are included to help students learn and practice the following skills–
- Solve practical problems that involve perimeter, area, and volume in standard units of measure (U.S. Customary and metric units used).
- Describe practical situations where perimeter, area, or volume would be used.
- Determine the perimeter of squares, rectangles, and polygons with more than four sides.
- Estimate and determine the area of squares, rectangles, and right triangles.
- Estimate and determine the volume of a rectangular prism.
- Identify whether the application of the concept of perimeter, area, or volume is appropriate for a given situation.
What comes in these Area, Perimeter, and Volume Lesson Plans?
You will find the following included in this math unit–
- 7 Detailed Lesson Plans
- 28 Worksheets
- 16 Task Cards
- 10 Games
- 7 Exit Tickets
- 3 Anchor Charts
- 1 Foldable
- Final Test
- Word Wall Cards
- Digital Activities for Google Slides
- Answer Keys
Are digital resources included?
Some worksheets, the quiz, and the test within these Area, Perimeter, and Volume Lesson Plans are also included in a digital format and can be shared with students using your Google Drive.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Slides. You’ll then share that file with your students. The slides can be printed and adapted for students who prefer to answer the questions by hand. You can also view and print a student’s completed version of the slides.
What standards are covered?
These Area, Perimeter, and Volume Lesson Plans are specifically created to align with Virginia math SOL 5.8 although the lessons and activities closely align with most math standards related to finding area, perimeter, and volume.
Don’t Miss Out!
These Area, Perimeter, and Volume Lesson Plans require minimal prep work and are easy to implement whether teaching in-person or virtually. Students will also enjoy learning about area, perimeter, and volume as they play games, complete hands-on activities, and relate the measurements to real-world examples.
MORE MATH RESOURCES:
- Area, Perimeter, and Volume Task Cards
- Area, Perimeter, and Volume Activities for Google Slides
- 5th Grade Math Task Cards Bundle
- 5th Grade Math Activities for Google Slides
- 5th Grade Math Parent Study Guides
- 5th Grade Math Interactive Notes
Looking for math lessons for the entire school year? This unit is included in my 5th Grade Math Lessons Bundle, which features 14 detailed math units at a discounted price.
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.
There are no reviews yet.