Animal Adaptations Study Guide and Review Worksheets
This Animal Adaptations Study Guide resource includes three versions– one completed study guide, one for student completion with review worksheets, and one digital study guide. This Animal Adaptations Study Guide will help students review the following science concepts: physical adaptations, behavioral adaptations, how changes to a habitat can affect survival, and how fossils help us make inferences about past organisms and ecosystems.
What concepts will students review with this Animal Adaptations Study Guide?
With this study guide, students will review:
- The differences between physical and behavioral adaptations.
- Examples of physical and behavioral adaptations and how these adaptations help an organism survive.
- Examples of how an environmental change may affect the ability of a population to survive.
- The role of fossils in making inferences about organisms and the environment from long ago.
Click the “view preview” button near the top of the page to take a closer look at this Animal Adaptations Study Guide!
What formats of the study guide are provided?
Three versions of this Animal Adaptations Study Guide are included in this resource:
- Completed version- The Completed Study Guide is completely filled out. Just print and give to students.
- Study Guide for Student Completion- The Study Guide for Student Completion is similar to the Completed Study Guide but is missing some terms and includes questions for students to answer. This version also comes with two additional pages of questions related to the SOL. An answer key is provided for these pages.
- Digital Study Guide- The Digital Study Guide includes both the Completed Study Guide and the Study Guide for Student Completion in digital format (Google Slides). You can assign in Google Classroom or use this version with virtual or hybrid students
What science standards are covered?
This Animal Adaptations Study Guide is specifically created to align with the 2018 Virginia Science SOL 3.4 although it also aligns with most science standards related to animal adaptations.
Don’t miss out!
This Animal Adaptations Study Guide is an easy, no-prep way to review science skills at the end of the unit or before state testing!
MORE SCIENCE RESOURCES:
- Animal Adaptations Unit
- Animal Adaptations Task Cards
- Animal Adaptations Escape Room
- Animal Adaptations Jeopardy Game
- 3rd Grade Science Lesson Plans
- 3rd Grade Science Jeopardy Games Bundle
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.
There are no reviews yet.