Animal Adaptations Activity – Escape Room
Are you looking for a fun way to review animal physical and behavioral adaptations? Look no further! This Animal Adaptations Activity – Escape Room has everything you need! Whether teaching remotely or in-person, this classroom escape room is easy to set up and students will have lots of fun reviewing what they have learned!
In this Animal Adaptations Activity students find themselves trapped! The only way to escape is for students to successfully complete six challenges that require them to use critical thinking skills as they review science concepts.
To take a closer look at the escape room activities included, check out the preview!
What will students learn with this classroom escape room?
Using these escape room activities, students will review important concepts about physical and behavioral adaptations. Topics covered:
- Differentiate between physical and behavioral adaptations
- Identify specific examples of physical and behavioral adaptations
- Explain how populations adapt over time in response to changes in the environment
- Explain how an animal’s adaptations help it survive in its habitat
- Use fossils to make inferences
What escape room activities are included?
When completing the activities, students will use critical thinking and inference skills. Challenges include activities such as:
- Match science terms to the correct definition to create a code
- Sort adaptations as physical or behavioral
- Use a key to decode information about specific animal adaptations
- Answer questions about how animals adapt to a specific habitat and create a code
- Read a story about animal adaptations and use a key to decode hidden information within the story
- Use pictures of fossils to unscramble words and learn information about the fossil
Is a digital version included?
This resource includes two versions of the same escape room. The first version is a PDF escape room that can be completed in a classroom. I like to create centers with each activity and allow students to rotate through the centers. Additional suggestions for how to set up and use the escape room in the classroom are provided with the resource.
The second version is a digital escape room that can be completed in Google Forms. The digital escape room is self-checking so that students can review the answers to their work even when learning remotely.
What standards are covered?
This Animal Adaptations Activity – Escape Room is specifically aligned with the 2018 Virginia SOL 3.4 but also covers most standards related to force, simple machines, and compound machines.
Where can I find more science escape rooms?
This escape room is included in my 3rd Grade Science Escape Rooms Bundle for a discounted price!
Don’t miss out!
Students will love completing this Animal Adaptations Activity – Escape Room! Teacher instructions are provided, making it easy to set up and implement whether teaching in-person or virtually.
MORE SCIENCE RESOURCES:
- Animal Adaptations Unit
- Animal Adaptations Task Cards
- Animal Adaptations Jeopardy Game
- 3rd Grade Science Lessons Bundle
- 3rd Grade Science Task Cards Bundle
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.