Angles and Triangles Unit
Are you looking for no-prep lessons and activities to teach angles and triangles? Look no further! This Angles and Triangles Unit provides everything you need to teach identifying and measuring angles and triangles! Save time planning and your students will love completing the hands-on activities found in this unit.
To take a closer look at some of the things included in this unit, check out the preview!
What will students learn through these detailed lesson plans?
7 Detailed lesson plans are included to help students learn and practice the following skills–
- Classify angles as right, acute, obtuse, or straight
- Use a protractor to measure angles
- Solve addition and subtraction problems to determine unknown angle measures on a diagram in practical problems
- Classify triangles by their angles (right, acute, obtuse)
- Classify triangles by their sides (equilateral, isosceles, scalene)
- Prove that the sum of interior angles of a triangle is 180 degrees
- Find the unknown angle measure in a triangle
What comes in this Angles and Triangles Unit?
You will find the following included in this math unit–
- 7 Detailed Lesson Plans
- 17 Worksheets
- 12 Task Cards
- 11 Posters
- 7 Exit Tickets
- 6 Games
- 3 Sorts
- 2 Foldables
- Final Test
- Word Wall Cards
- Digital Activities for Google Slides
- Answer Keys
Are digital resources included?
Some worksheets, the sorts, the quiz, and the test within this Angles and Triangles Unit are also included in a digital format and can be shared with students using your Google Drive.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Slides. You’ll then share that file with your students. The slides can be printed and adapted for students who prefer to answer the questions by hand. You can also view and print a student’s completed version of the slides.
What standards are covered?
This Angles and Triangles Unit was specifically created to align with Virginia math SOLs 5.12 and 5.13 although the lessons and activities closely align with most math standards related to identifying and measuring angles and triangles.
Don’t Miss Out!
This Angles and Triangles Unit requires minimal prep work and is easy to implement whether teaching in-person or virtually. Students will also enjoy learning to identify and measure angles and triangles as they play games, complete hands-on activities, and relate angles and triangles to real-world scenarios.
More Math Resources:
- Angles and Triangles Task Cards
- Angles and Triangles Activities for Google Slides
- 5th Grade Math Task Cards Bundle
- 5th Grade Math Activities for Google Slides
- 5th Grade Math Parent Study Guides
- 5th Grade Math Interactive Notes
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.