Ancient Rome Unit
Ancient Rome Unit is a hands-on unit that combines history and language arts skills! Everything you need to teach about ancient Roman geography, economics, and culture can be found here! Whether teaching in-person or remotely, this unit provides a variety of activities to teach about this ancient world culture.
To take a closer look at this ancient world cultures unit, be sure to check out the preview images at the top of the page!
What will I find in this unit?
This Ancient Rome Unit includes 7 detailed lesson plans. All lessons are hands-on and incorporate literacy skills. Students will investigate—
- The geography of Europe and ancient Rome
- Ancient Roman representative democracy
- Direct democracy vs. representative democracy
- Ancient Roman architecture and art
- The ways the ancient Romans adapted to their environment
- How the ancient Romans secured the goods and resources they needed
- Ancient Roman economics (including goods, services, natural resources, human resources, and capital resources)
This Ancient Rome Unit also comes with:
- 14 Worksheets
- 6 Close Reading Passages and Comprehension Questions
- 5 Entry/Exit Tickets
- 5 Sorts and Foldables
- Word Wall Cards
- Final Test
- Timeline of Suggested Activities: The timeline of suggested activities includes a timeline for using the activities included within this unit and provides links to websites featuring videos about concepts being taught.
- Answer keys included throughout
Students will become fully immersed in the life and culture of ancient Rome as they complete hands-on projects and research past events!
Are digital resources included?
All of the passages and comprehension questions, most worksheets, the quiz, and the test within this Ancient Rome Unit are also included in a digital format and can be shared with students using your Google Drive.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Slides. You’ll then share that file with your students. The slides can be printed and adapted for students who prefer to answer the questions by hand. You can also view and print a student’s completed version of the slides.
What standards are covered?
This unit is aligned with the Ancient World Cultures SOLs 3.3, 3.5, 3.6c, 3.7, and 3.8.
While the unit is specifically aligned to the Virginia SOLs, it also closely matches most ancient history standards related to ancient Rome.
Don’t miss out!
Bring ancient Rome to life in your classroom with these hands-on lesson plans and activities! Students will master the standards as they become fully immersed in learning about the life and culture of ancient Rome through virtual field trips, hands-on and virtual activities, and research projects.
Want to save money?
This unit is included in the 3rd Grade Social Studies Curriculum bundle for a discounted price!
You may also be interested in:
- Ancient Rome Task Cards
- Ancient Rome Escape Room
- Ancient World Cultures Curriculum Bundle
- Ancient World Cultures Task Cards
- Ancient World Cultures Escape Rooms
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.