Ancient Egypt Unit
Ancient Egypt Unit is a hands-on unit that combines history and language arts skills! Everything you need to teach about ancient Egyptian geography, economics, and culture can be found here!
To take a closer look at this ancient world cultures unit, be sure to check out the product preview at the top of the page!
What will I find in this unit?
This Ancient Egypt Unit includes 7 detailed lesson plans. All lessons are hands-on and incorporate literacy skills. Students will investigate—
- The geography of Africa and ancient Egypt
- Ancient Egyptian inventions and architecture
- Ancient Egyptian farming practices and the ways the Egyptians adapted to their environment
- Ancient Egyptian economics (including goods, services, natural resources, human resources, and capital resources)
This Ancient Egypt Unit also comes with:
- 15 Worksheets
- 7 Close Reading Passages and Comprehension Questions
- 12 Task Cards: Task Cards are part of a hieroglyphics decoding game.
- 4 Entry/Exit Tickets
- 4 Sorts and Foldables
- Word Wall Cards
- Final Test
- Timeline of Suggested Activities: The timeline of suggested activities includes a timeline for using the activities included within this unit and provides links to websites featuring videos about concepts being taught.
- Answer keys included throughout
Students will become fully immersed in the life and culture of ancient Egypt as they complete hands-on projects and research past events!
Are digital resources included?
All of the passages and comprehension questions, most worksheets, the quiz, and the test within this Ancient Egypt Unit are also included in a digital format and can be shared with students using your Google Drive.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Slides. You’ll then share that file with your students. The slides can be printed and adapted for students who prefer to answer the questions by hand. You can also view and print a student’s completed version of the slides.
What standards are covered?
This unit is aligned with the Ancient World Cultures SOLs 3.2, 2.5, 3.6a, 3.7, and 3.8.
While the unit is specifically aligned to the Virginia SOLs, it also closely matches most ancient history standards related to ancient Egypt.
Don’t miss out!
Bring ancient Egypt to life in your classroom with these hands-on ancient Egypt lesson plans and activities! Students will master the standards as they become fully immersed in learning about the life and culture of ancient Egypt through virtual field trips, STEM challenges, and research projects.
Want to save money?
This unit is included in the 3rd Grade Social Studies Curriculum bundle for a discounted price!
You may also be interested in:
- Ancient Egypt Task Cards
- Ancient Egypt Escape Room
- Ancient World Cultures Curriculum Bundle
- Ancient World Cultures Task Cards
- Ancient World Cultures Escape Rooms
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.