Ancient China Escape Room
In Ancient China: Time Travel Escape Room students are in the process of time traveling back in time to study ancient China when their time machine malfunctions! The only way for students to repair the time machine and return to the present is for students to successfully complete six challenges. Whether teaching in-person or virtually, this classroom escape room is easy to set up and students will have lots of fun reviewing what they have learned!
To take a closer look at the escape room activities included, check out the preview!
What will students learn with this classroom escape room?
Challenges can be used to introduce students to or to help students review the geography, economy, and culture of ancient China. With these escape room activities, students will learn:
- The geography of Asia and ancient China
- Ancient Chinese inventions, architecture, and written language
- Ancient Chinese farming practices and the ways the Chinese adapted to their environment
- Ancient Chinese economics (including goods, services, natural resources, human resources, and capital resources)
What escape room activities are included?
Challenges require students to use critical thinking and inference skills. Challenges include activities such as:
- analyzing a map and decoding clues to learn about the geography of China
- solving math problems to reveal true facts about ancient China
- decoding messages to learn information about ancient China
- matching terms related to ancient China to a correct description
- analyzing images to determine which are related to ancient China
Is a digital version included?
This resource includes two versions of the escape room. The first version is a PDF escape room that can be completed in a classroom.
The second version is a digital escape room that can be completed in Google Forms. The digital escape room is self-checking so that students can review the answers to their work even when learning remotely.
What standards are covered?
This classroom escape room is aligned with the Ancient World Cultures SOLs 3.2, 3.5, 3.6b, 3.7, and 3.8.
While this escape room is specifically aligned to the Virginia SOLs, it also closely matches most ancient history standards related to ancient China.
Don’t miss out!
Students will have fun learning more about ancient China as they solve the challenges and work to return to the present in this escape room activity! Teacher instructions are provided that explain how to set up and implement the activity in your classroom with minimal prep work.
You may also be interested in:
- Ancient China Unit
- Ancient China Task Cards
- Ancient World Cultures Curriculum Bundle
- Ancient World Cultures Task Cards
- Ancient World Cultures Escape Rooms
If you would like more information about using classroom escape rooms, check out my blog post “Create the Perfect Classroom Escape Room.”
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.