American Revolution Unit
Are you looking for engaging ways to teach the American Revolution? American Revolution Unit is a hands-on unit that combines history and language arts skills! Everything you need to teach a unit about the American Revolution and the Revolutionary War can be found in this 135+ page unit!
What Will I Find in This Unit?
This American Revolution Unit includes 8 detailed lesson plans. All lessons are hands-on and incorporate literacy skills. Students will investigate–
- The Stamp Act
- The Boston Massacre
- The Sons of Liberty
- The Boston Tea Party
- The Coercive Acts
- The Continental Congress
- Important information about the people and events of the Revolutionary War
- Lexington and Concord
- The Battles of Bunker Hill, Saratoga, and Yorktown
- The Declaration of Independence
- French Involvement in the Revolutionary War
- Valley Forge
- The Treaty of Paris
This American Revolution Unit also comes with:
- 12 Worksheets
- 7 Close Reading Passages & Comprehension Questions: All of the passages and questions can also be shared with students digitally and completed using Google Slides.
- 2 Stamp Act Simulations
- 1 Quiz
- 1 Test
- 1 Interactive Classroom Timeline
- 1 Timeline of Suggested Activities: Provides a timeline for using the activities included within this unit and provides links to websites featuring videos about concepts being taught.
- Entry/Exit Tickets
- Boston Massacre Hands-On Investigation Activity: This Boston Massacre is one of my best selling resources! Students analyze first and second-hand accounts of the Boston Massacre to determine whether the British soldiers were guilty.
- Continental Congress SCOOT Game
- Mock Continental Congress Activity
- Answer keys included throughout
Students will become fully immersed in the American Revolution as they reenact important events, play games, complete hands-on projects, and research past events!
Are Digital Resources Included?
All of the passages and comprehension questions, most worksheets, the quiz, and the test within this American Revolution Unit are also included in a digital format and can be shared with students using your Google Drive.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Slides. You’ll then share that file with your students. The slides can be printed and adapted for students who prefer to answer the questions by hand. You can also view and print a student’s completed version of the slides. Video tutorials are also included to help you share interactive Google Slides with your students.
What Standards Are Covered?
While this unit is specifically aligned with Virginia U.S. History SOL USI.6, it also closely matches most U.S. History standards related to the American Revolution and the Revolutionary War.
What Other Buyers Are Saying:
- “Great resource!!! The information and activities in this resource are both engaging and creative!!” (Taylor M.)
- “This is a fantastic resource that lays out the revolution in an easy straightforward way. My students are really enjoying the activities.” (Catherine F.)
- “Great activities. Students have really enjoyed this.” (Laureen S.)
You may also be interested in:
- American Revolution Escape Room
- American Revolution Task Cards
- U.S. History Unit Bundle
- U.S. History Escape Room Bundle
This unit includes my Boston Massacre Investigation!
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.