American Revolution Escape Room
In American Revolution Escape Room students are in the process of time traveling back in time to study the people and events of the American Revolution when their time machine malfunctions! The only way to repair the time machine and return to the present is for students to successfully complete seven challenges.
What will students learn with this classroom escape room?
- Important figures of the American Revolution
- Important events of the American Revolution
- Thomas Paine’s Common Sense
- The Declaration of Independence
- Reasons for British control and taxation
- Reasons for colonial dissatisfaction
What escape room activities are included?
When completing the activities, students will use critical thinking and inference skills. Challenges include activities such as:
- Decoding messages to read excerpts of Common Sense and the Declaration of Independence
- Decoding messages to learn more about the ideas of key figures during the American Revolution
- Identifying whether important figures supported the British or the American colonists
- Reading information to infer whether a person was a loyalist or a patriot
- Sorting the reasons for British taxation and colonial dissatisfaction
- Matching important events to descriptions of those events
Are students able to complete any escape room activities digitally?
An option is provided for students to submit their final code through Google Forms. When using this option, students can self-check their work. If you do not have access to technology in your classroom, an option is also provided for students to check their work on paper.
What standards are covered?
This American Revolution Escape Room is specifically aligned with Virginia SOL USI.6 but also covers most U.S. History standards related to the American Revolution and the Revolutionary War.
Don’t Miss Out!
Students will love completing the activities in this American Revolution Escape Room! Teacher instructions are provided, making it easy to set up and implement in your classroom.
If you would like more information about using classroom escape rooms, check out my blog post “Create the Perfect Classroom Escape Room.”
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.