Affixes Worksheets and Activities
Need help teaching your students about affixes? These Affixes Worksheets and Activities include a variety of no-prep PDF and digital activities to help your students review prefixes, suffixes, and root words.
What is included in this resource?
This affixes resource includes:
- 13 Worksheets
- 12 Task Cards
- 4 Anchor Charts
- 1 Matching Game
- 2 Sorts
- 18 Digital worksheets and activities
How will students practice using prefixes, suffixes, and root words?
Activity types include:
- List words that use specific prefixes and suffixes.
- Compare the definition of the root word to the definition of the word with a prefix or suffix.
- Match prefixes and suffixes to their definitions.
- Separate a word into its root word and affixes.
- Sort words as having a prefix, suffix, both, or none.
- Find and use words that have a given prefix or suffix.
- Identify the prefix and/or suffix in a word.
Are digital resources included?
Some worksheets and the sorts within this resource are also included in a digital format and can be shared with students using your Google Drive.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Slides. You’ll then share that file with your students. The slides can be printed and adapted for students who prefer to answer the questions by hand. You can also view and print a student’s completed version of the slides.
What standards are covered?
These Affixes Worksheets and Activities are specifically aligned with the Virginia ELA SOLs: 3.4b, 4.4b, and 5.4c.
Even though this resource is specifically aligned to the Virginia SOLs, it also still aligns with most other standards related to affixes.
Save time and have fun!
These Affixes Worksheets and Activities come with 16 no-prep worksheets, games, and sorts to help students review prefixes, suffixes, and root words.
Want to save money?
This resource is included in my Word Analysis Worksheets and Activities Bundle.
More ELA Resources:
- Reading Skills Worksheets and Activities for Upper Elementary
- Word Work and Work on Writing Activities
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.