5th Grade Math Interactive Notes
5th Grade Math Interactive Notes Bundle is essential for every 5th-grade classroom! Even though textbooks are a thing of the past, students still need something to refer to when working independently at math centers or when working on homework. Giving my students these math interactive notes with step-by-step instructions, strategies for solving, and rhymes for remembering steps has empowered those working at centers to keep moving independently rather than waiting for me if they get stuck. Since implementing these interactive notes in my classroom, my students have increased their test scores!
Want to take a closer look at this resource? Check out the images at the top of the page!
What is included with these math interactive notes?
Now, I have bundled all of my 5th grade math interactive notes together! 5th Grade Math Interactive Notes Bundle comes with 190+ pages of interactive notes (and 90+ digital pages), featuring more than 35 Virginia SOL and CCSS aligned topics. These interactive notes include:
- important vocabulary
- fill in the blank step-by-step instructions
- visual examples
- practice problems
- partner work
- critical thinking and application questions
- strategies and rhymes for remembering steps in certain types of problems
Answer keys and a table of contents are included to make planning easier for the teacher. An editable template has also been included so that you can add any additional tips or strategies you would like your students to know.
What topics do these math interactive notes cover?
Topics included in this 5th Grade Math Interactive Notes Bundle:
- place value and rounding decimals
- comparing fractions and decimals
- prime numbers and composite numbers
- even numbers and odd numbers
- addition, subtraction, and multiplication (whole numbers)
- long division
- adding and subtracting decimals
- multiplying decimals
- dividing decimals
- multiples and factors
- adding and subtracting fractions (common and uncommon denominators)
- mixed numbers
- multiplying fractions
- dividing fractions
- order of operations
- parentheses, brackets, and braces
- powers of 10
- area, perimeter, and volume
- metric measurement
- metric and customary measurements
- elapsed time
- line plots
- stem-and-leaf plots
- mean, median, mode, and range
- data and graphing
What standards are covered?
This resource is specifically aligned to the 2016 math SOLs, although additional pages have been added to also include most Common Core standards. A complete list of math SOLs and Common Core standards covered in these math interactive notes is included in the standards tab (located next to the product description tab, near the top of this page).
Are digital notes included?
All of the note pages are also included in a digital format and can be shared with students using your Google Drive.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Slides. You’ll then share that file with your students. The slides can be printed and adapted for students who prefer to work by hand. You can also view and print a student’s completed version of the slides.
What if I want to create my own math interactive notes?
An editable PDF template is included so that you can add any additional tips or specific strategies you use for teaching math skills.
What are other buyers saying about this math resource?
- “Terrific set of interactive notes.” (Shannah B.)
- “What a time saver!” (Melinda L.)
- “Fantastic attention to detail & process. I teach without a textbook so we make our own “textbook”! This is perfect for students to be able to use in centers & at home to help them work through math problems!” (Rebecca W.)
- “Easy concise notes that include practice work that I can use throughout the lesson. Notes don’t require a lot of cutting and gluing which saves us valuable class time. Thank you!!!” (anonymous buyer)
- “I love this so much!” (Aimee L.)
- “What a great resource!” (Sabrina L.)
Want to save money?
This resource is included in my 5th Grade Math Interactive Notes and Parent Study Guides Bundle for a discounted price!
Don’t miss out!
These 5th Grade Math Interactive Notes are a great way to help students learn or review fifth-grade math skills. These interactive notes are perfect for guided instruction, a reference tool during centers, and as a homework helper.
Other math resources you may be interested in:
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.