5th Grade Math Interactive Notes and Parent Study Guides
This 5th Grade Math Interactive Notes and Parent Study Guides Bundle is essential for every 5th grade classroom! Even though textbooks are a thing of the past, students still need something to refer to when working independently at math centers or when working on homework. I have also found that almost all parents want to help their child to be successful but they do not always know how, especially when it comes to math. For years, I kept hearing parents say, “they teach things differently than the way they taught it when I was a kid.”
Now, I have bundled all of my Virginia SOL and CCSS-aligned math interactive notes and parent study guides!
Want to take a closer look at this resource? Check out the product images at the top of this page!
What is included in this math interactive notes and parent study guides bundle?
This bundle comes with 190+ pages of interactive notes (and 90+ digital pages) and 55+ pages of parent study guides featuring more than 35 topics.
Included as part of the interactive notes:
- important vocabulary
- fill in the black step-by-step instructions
- visual examples
- practice problems
- partner work
- critical thinking and application questions
- strategies and rhymes for remembering steps in certain types of problems
Included as part of the parent study guides:
- important vocabulary
- step-by-step instructions
- visual examples
Answer keys and a table of contents are included to make planning easier for the teacher. Editable templates are also included so that you can add any additional tips or strategies you would like your students to know.
What topics are covered?
Topics included in this 5th Grade Math Interactive Notes and Parent Study Guides Bundle:
- place value and rounding decimals
- comparing fractions and decimals
- prime numbers and composite numbers
- even numbers and odd numbers
- addition, subtraction, and multiplication (whole numbers)
- long division
- adding and subtracting decimals
- multiplying decimals
- dividing decimals
- multiples and factors
- adding and subtracting fractions (common and uncommon denominators)
- mixed numbers
- multiplying fractions
- dividing fractions
- order of operations
- parentheses, brackets, and braces
- powers of 10
- area, perimeter, and volume
- metric measurement
- metric and customary measurements
- elapsed time
- line plots
- stem-and-leaf plots
- mean, median, mode, and range
- data and graphing
What standards are covered?
This resource is specifically aligned to the 2016 math SOLs, although additional pages have been added to also include most Common Core standards. A complete list of math SOLs and Common Core standards covered in these math interactive notes and parent study guides is included in the standards tab (located next to the product description tab, near the top of this page).
Are digital notes includes?
All of the note pages are also included in a digital format and can be shared with students using your Google Drive.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Slides. You’ll then share that file with your students. The slides can be printed and adapted for students who prefer to work by hand. You can also view and print a student’s completed version of the slides.
What if I want to create my own interactive notes and parent study guides?
Editable PDF templates are included so that you can add any additional tips or specific strategies you use for teaching math skills.
What are other buyers saying about this math resource?
- “I used it to supplement my lessons last year. The language used was easy for my students to grasp and encouraged comprehension.” (Barb T.)
- “The bundle includes so many great resources! I especially liked sharing the parent guides so that adults at home could better understand what their student was learning at school.” (Robin)
- “I love these notes and the parent study guides! This will make planning a breeze and save me valuable time! Great format and clearly written notes with great examples.” (Lacey B.)
- “These are fantastic! I am new to 5th and was looking for math notes that were thorough and clear. Thank you!” (Stella L.)
- “Very helpful! So many parents are having a hard time understanding this common core way of math…I send the parent notes home. The parents are liking them!” (Lisa C.)
- “This is a life saver! I am a new 5th grade teacher and cannot believe how thorough the resources are. I especially love the critical thinking question for each unit!” (Anna W.)
- “I love the step by step instructions. This makes it a teaching and review resource that is great for the students and for the parents that are helping with homework or studying!” (Lauren M.)
- “LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVED this last year!! The parents did too!!” (Anonymous Buyer)
Don’t miss out!
Since implementing these math interactive notes and parent study guides in my classroom, I constantly have parents tell me “thank you” for providing this resource and have seen an increase in my students’ math test scores.
This bundle includes the following math resources from my store:
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.
Want to learn more about how I use math parent study guides? Check out my blog post “Game-Changing Math Resources for Parents”!