4th Grade Writing Prompts
4th Grade Writing Prompts will save you lots of time as you will not have to create your own writing prompts for the entire school year! 140 writing prompts are included.
How are the writing prompts presented?
Each writing prompt is presented three ways to provide different options for teaching writing.
- Task Card: Task cards work great for writing centers or to project on the board for the whole class to view at the same time.
- Worksheet: Worksheets can be used for homework, morning work, or writing centers. Each worksheet provides a space for students to brainstorm their ideas and a space for students to write at least one paragraph.
- Digital: All 140 worksheets can be shared with students digitally and completed using Google Slides.
What types of writing prompts are included?
Each writing prompt provides fun and engaging topics and questions for students to think and write about. Types of 4th grade writing prompts included:
- 38 Creative writing prompts
- 22 Opinion / persuasive writing prompts
- 38 Descriptive writing prompts
- Explain the Quote: In these writing prompts, students read a quote and explain what it means.
- 34 Holiday writing prompts: Holiday writing prompts include New Year’s, Valentine’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day, Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and patriotic holidays.
Are editable templates included?
If you want to create your own writing prompts, editable templates have also been included so that you can create task cards and worksheets.
Don’t miss out!
With these 4th Grade Writing prompts, you will be prepared for an entire year of writing and your students will enjoy writing about the engaging topics!
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.