4th Grade Math Lesson Plans – Virginia SOL Aligned
Ready to save time planning and engage students with fun, hands-on math activities? With this 4th Grade Math Lesson Plans Bundle, you’ll find EVERY SOL-aligned math lesson plan and activity needed to teach 4th-grade math for the ENTIRE YEAR!
Planning is a breeze with detailed lesson plans that provide step-by-step instructions for teaching each math concept. All activities needed to teach each lesson and assessments to review what students have learned are provided.
To take a closer look at some of the activities included in these math lesson plans, check out the preview images at the top of the page!
What will I find in this 4th Grade Math Lesson Plans Bundle?
This math lesson plan bundle includes 16 SOL-aligned math units. Each unit includes a variety of lesson plans, activities, and assessments to teach and review the math concepts.
Lesson plans provide step-by-step instructions for whole-group, small-group, and independent activities. Lesson plans also include visual aids for students such as anchor charts and posters. A variety of strategies and tools are used to teach math concepts.
Activities include worksheets, games and centers, sorts and foldables, hands-on activities, dice and card activities, partner work, digital activities, and more.
Forms of assessment include exit tickets, quizzes, and final tests.
Most worksheets, sorts, quizzes, and tests are provided in both PDF and digital (interactive Google Slides) format.
Answer keys are provided throughout all units.
What types of resources and activities are included in this bundle?
This 4th Grade Math Lesson Plans Bundle includes more than 2,270 PDF pages and 540 digital pages of lesson plans and corresponding activities. You’ll find:
- 115+ Detailed lesson plans
- 540+ Pages of digital activities (interactive Google Slides)
- 440+ Worksheets
- 175+ Task Cards
- 110+ Exit Tickets
- 100+ Games
- 70+ Anchor Charts
- 30+ Sorts and Foldables
- 23 Quizzes
- 16 Tests
- Word wall cards for every unit
- Answer Keys
What units are included in this math lesson plans bundle?
There are 16 units included. Each unit provides a variety of strategies and tools that can be used to teach the math concepts.
The following 4th-grade math units can be found in this bundle.
- Whole Number Place Value
- Comparing and Order Fractions
- Decimal Place Value
- Multiplication Facts up to 12×12
- Adding and Subtracting Whole Numbers
- Multiplication with up to 2-Digit Numbers
- Long Division
- Adding and Subtracting Fractions
- Adding and Subtracting Decimals
- Area and Perimeter
- Elapsed Time (12-Hour Period)
- Data and Graphing (Bar Graphs and Line Graphs)
- Patterns and Equality
Are digital activities included?
Most worksheets, sorts, quizzes, and tests are also provided in digital (interactive Google Slides) format and can be shared with students using your Google Drive.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Slides. You’ll then share that file with your students. Video tutorials are provided that show how to share and use interactive Google Slides with students.
What standards are covered?
Although the units in this bundle meet the 4th-grade math standards for many states, these lesson plans are specifically aligned to the 4th-grade math Virginia Standards of Learning (SOLs). All 4th-grade math SOLs are covered in this bundle.
What are other teachers saying about these math units?
- “All of your units are awesome. They are broken down into smaller parts. Love the games that can be played in math rotations.” (Ashley C.)
- “This bundle gave me everything I needed to teach this unit from start to finish. The activities are high quality, SOL-aligned, engaging, and easy to use. THANK YOU!” (Lindsey H.)
- “I loved all the activities. The worksheets are perfect to use to get a snapshot of what students know. I love how there is a variety of activities as well.” (anonymous buyer)
- “This has made teaching so much easier. I love how it’s all laid out by day with all the resources you would need. Great product!” (Sara O.)
- “I love this resource! It has so many activities, study guides, teaching tools and so much more. It was nice to have since I had a variety of learning abilities and levels in my classroom.” (Kellie S.)
Don’t miss out!
These 4th Grade Math Lessons Plans are perfect if you are low on planning time or have no idea where to begin! Teachers consistently share that planning is much easier and that they save lots of time by following the low-prep, step-by-step instructions with each math lesson plan. Students also have fun learning about math throughout the year as they complete hands-on activities and relate math concepts to real-world situations!
More 4th-Grade Math Resources:
- 4th Grade Math Task Cards Bundle
- 4th Grade Math Interactive Notes Bundle
- 4th Grade Math Parent Study Guides
- 4th Grade Math Activities for Google Slides
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.