3rd Grade Math Parent Study Guides
Third grade math is challenging! For years, I would constantly hear parents say, “the way they teach math now is different than the way I learned it.” So, I began making these 3rd grade math parent study guides to show parents the way I was teaching concepts in class and to provide step-by-step instructions for difficult concepts such as multiplication and fractions. I constantly have parents tell me “thank you” for sending these home and how helpful they find them. Parents have said these study guides help them make sure their children are completing their math homework correctly and ensure that their children are studying for tests.
See the product preview images at the top of this page for a closer look at some of the math parent study guides included in this bundle!
What are math parent study guides?
Math parent study guides are 1-2 page instruction worksheets that teach parents the math skills we are learning in class. My 3rd Grade Math Parent Study Guides Bundle comes with 26 study guides aligned with most 3rd grade Common Core (CCSS) and all 3rd grade Virginia Standards of Learning (SOL). These parent study guides feature important terms/vocabulary, written and visual step-by-step instructions, and a place for you to write the unit test date so parents always know what is going on in the classroom.
What if I want to create my own math parent study guides?
An editable PDF template is included so that you can add any additional tips or specific strategies you use for teaching math skills.
What topics are covered?
The following topics are included in this 3rd Grade Math Parent Study Guide Bundle:
- Place value and rounding (ones – hundred thousands place)
- Comparing Whole Numbers
- Fractions and Mixed Numbers
- Comparing Fractions
- Addition and Subtraction
- Representing Multiplication Problems
- Solving Multiplication Problems
- Associative and Distributive Property
- Commutative and Identity Property
- Adding and Subtracting Fractions (Common Denominators)
- Counting Money
- Area and Perimeter
- Points, Lines, and Angles
- Polygons with More Than 4 Sides
- Congruent and Noncongruent Shapes
- Plane and Solid Figures
- Bar Graphs and Pictographs
What are other buyers saying about this resource?
- “This was AMAZING! Every year I have so many parents that are confused about how we are doing 21st century math and this gives them a thorough breakdown of each unit covered! Thanks!” (Kaitlyn G.)
- “Great and very happy with the purchase!” (Amy C.)
- “I love being able to share this information with parents! It’s not that they don’t know how to do math, they just don’t know which way I am teaching it to their children. Such a non-threatening way to share information! Thanks!” (Lynda R.)
- “Love having resources for parents to assist their child at home! Thank you!” (Tricia M.)
- “Great resource to help parents!” (Julia M.)
Want to save money?
These math parent study guides are included in my 3rd Grade Math Interactive Notes and Parent Study Guides Bundle for a discounted price!
Don’t miss out!
Parents will be so appreciative of these math parent study guides! And, with more math help at home, students are more likely to turn in homework and perform better on tests.
More math resources:
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.
Want to learn more about how I use math parent study guides? Check out my blog post “Game-Changing Math Resources for Parents”!